Becoming A Great Ally
Join Leading With Empathy and Allyship Host Melinda Briana Epler, Founder & CEO of Change Catalyst, as she shares what it means to be an ally in 2020. She’ll discuss her own path to allyship and the Stages of Allyship. She touches on ways to be anti-racist, interrupt microaggressions, and address systemic inequities in the workplace, and of course some very tangible ways you can be a better ally in the workplace.
This is the end of Season 1 – we will be back with Season 2 in early September!
- Melinda’s TED Talk “3 Ways to Be a Better Ally in the Workplace“
- Listen to all episodes in this 16-week series, and join us for season 2 in early September
- Tech Inclusion Conference & Career Fair October 13-15
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Laura Park’s NY Times full-page spread “The Diary Project: 400 Hours. $500.“
- “The unbearable whiteness of social networks” by Zack Beauchamp, Vox
- Kiyun Kim’s photo essay on microaggressions
This videocast is made accessible thanks to Interpreter-Now. Learn more about our show sponsor Interpreter-Now at www.interpreter-now.com.
Subscribe To The Show
Don’t miss an episode! Subscribe on your fav app to catch our weekly episodes.
Accessibility: The show is available on YouTube with captions and ASL interpretation. Transcripts of each episode are available by clicking on the episode titles below.
Subscribe to our Podcast newsletter
Transcript coming soon.