Last updated: April 25, 2023
Effective as of April 25, 2023
Please read our Terms of Service before accessing our Services. To the extent permitted under the applicable law, by accepting the Terms of Service, you agree with our privacy practices as described in this Policy. If you cannot agree with this Policy, Terms of Service, or other policies, please do not access or use our Services.
We may modify this Policy at any time, and non-material changes may apply to any Personal Information we already hold about you, as well as any new Personal Information collected after the Policy is modified. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy. We will provide you with advanced notice by email or telephone number, which we have on file, or through a notice on our website if we make any material changes to how we collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information or that impact your rights under this Policy. The such material change will not apply retroactively to any Personal Information we already hold about you. If you continue to access or use our Services after receiving the notice of changes, you acknowledge your acceptance of the updated Policy.
In addition, we may provide you with real-time disclosures or additional information about the Personal Information handling practices of specific parts of our Services. Such notices may supplement this Policy or provide you with additional choices about how we process your Personal Information.
Who We Are
Our website address is: https://empovia.co
Collection of Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect about you may include:
- Identifiers such as your name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Commercial information, such as products or services you purchase from us;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our website;
- Geolocation data, such as your location;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as call recordings;
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order and send you the order,
- Professional or employment-related information, if you apply for a job with us; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes.
We collect this personal information directly from you, as well as automatically through our website and third-party service providers. We may also obtain personal information from other sources, including publicly available databases and our business partners.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services;
- To communicate with you about your orders, purchases, and account information;
- To personalize your experience on our website;
- To conduct research and analyze usage trends;
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to lawful requests;
- To protect our rights, interests, and property; and
- To recruit and evaluate job applicants.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details, and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes such as to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Create your account for our LMS
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
When using our LMS, we store course progress, including completion status, quiz scores, assignments and/or essay submissions (if applicable). We will also store comments on courses, lessons, topics, assignments, and essays if you choose to leave them.
For the purposes of processing recurring subscription payments, we store the customer’s name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card/payment details. Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Group Leaders can access Order information such as your enrolled courses, course progress, and username/email address. Any additional information added to your WordPress User Profile can also be visible to the administrator(s).
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device (e.g., computer, smartphone, or tablet) when you access our website. Cookies are used to help us enhance your user experience and to provide certain functionalities on our website. Some cookies may also collect information about your browsing behavior or usage patterns.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for the functioning of our website and cannot be turned off in our systems. They are usually set in response to your actions, such as logging in or filling out forms. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but some parts of the website may not work as a result.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, such as which pages are visited most often, how visitors navigate between pages, and whether they receive error messages. We use this information to improve the performance and design of our website.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable our website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, such as remembering your language preferences or login information.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to your interests. They may also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
We may use third-party cookies on our website for the following purposes:
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can control cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Most browsers allow you to block or delete cookies, or to set preferences for certain types of cookies. However, if you block or delete cookies, some parts of our website may not work properly.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With
We may share your personal information with our service providers, who help us operate our business and provide products and services to you. We may also share your personal information with third parties for other business purposes, including marketing and advertising and automated spam detection service.
We accept payments through Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal, Bancontact, EPS, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to them, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Please see the following for more detailed information:
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, the purposes for which we collected your personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the information provided below.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.